Wednesday, June 16, 2010

ITS ALL ABOUT ME




Teleprompter of the United States
Teleprompter of the United States
Teleprompter of the United States





Teleprompter of the United States



























The Oval Office Address (Short Version): "I've returned ... I assembled a team ... I'd like to lay out ... I've authorized ... I urge the governors ... I saw and heard ... I've talked ... I've seen ... I've talked ... I refuse ... I will meet ... I make ... I asked ... I approved ... I want to know ... I met with ... I've established ... I've issued ... I know ... I urge ... I expect ... I was a candidate ... I laid out ... I say ... I am happy ... I will not accept ... I will not settle..." --Barack Obama
Never let a crisis go to waste: "[M]ake no mistake: We will fight this spill with everything we've got for as long as it takes. We will make BP pay for the damage their company has caused. And we will do whatever's necessary to help the Gulf Coast and its people recover from this tragedy." --Barack Obama
Wrong conclusions: "[O]ne of the lessons we've learned from this spill is that we need better regulations, better safety standards, and better enforcement when it comes to offshore drilling." --BO (In other words, more of the same oppressive government that contributed to causing the spill.)
The BIG Lie: "We consume more than 20 percent of the world's oil, but have less than 2 percent of the world's oil reserves. And that's part of the reason oil companies are drilling a mile beneath the surface of the ocean -- because we're running out of places to drill on land and in shallow water." --Barack Obama (The reason for deepwater drilling is government putting land and shallow water off limits.)
Non Compos Mentis: "In the same way that our view of our vulnerabilities and our foreign policy was shaped profoundly by 9/11, I think this disaster is going to shape how we think about the environment and energy for many years to come." --Barack Obama
Surely she can't be serious: "[C]arbon pollution, leading to climate change, will be, over the next 20 years, the leading cause of conflict, putting our troops in harm's way." --Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
Keep on blaming Bush: "Well, it runs out when the problems go away.... He brought us to the brink of financial crisis, he brought us to the brink of deep recession, ignoring issues related to climate change." --House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on whether there is a statute of limitations on blaming George W. Bush
Editorial Exegesis
"In a 'fireside chat' to quell concerns about the Gulf oil disaster, the president announced the appointment of an oil czar. Is more bureaucracy the answer to every problem? ... The president on Tuesday evening proved himself tone-deaf to this popular disenchantment, manifested in his sinking public approval ratings. He double-downed on his status as the federal government's expander in chief by announcing the establishment of an oil czar who will join the nearly 30 other czars running various sectors of the American Leviathan absent public accountability. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs described the newest czar as being 'in charge of a recovery plan, putting a recovery plan together ... when we get past the cleanup and response phase of this disaster.' It kind of begs the question: Why not a cleanup czar in the meantime? First things first. This is quintessential Rahm Think. Before the president was inaugurated, incoming White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, cutthroat even by the Chicago machine standards that spawned him, infamously declared that you should 'never let a serious crisis go to waste.' The Democrats in power used a financial crisis -- of their own making, being the culmination of years of politicized housing policy -- to fulfill every taxpayer-funded fantasy on their wish list. Now the president is using the BP oil gusher crisis to justify yet another new taxpayer-funded agency. ... [M]illions of Americans would like to hear a reporter ask this president, 'Can you solve anything without asking for more government?'" --Investor's Business Daily
POSTED ON THE PATRIOT POST .COM
WEDNESDAY, 16 JUNE 10




No comments:

Post a Comment