Thursday, January 15, 2009

AVE ATQUE VALE FATHER RICHARD JOHN NEUHAUS



http://magicstatistics.com/wp-content/pictures/persons/Father_Neuhaus.jpg

Father Richard John Neuhaus
***********
I had the great privilege of knowing Father Richard John Newhaus.
I met him back in the 1970's when I served on the Board of the Institute of Religion and Democracy with him, George Weigel and Michael Novak. He was Lutheran pastor at that time. We became close friends and when later I learned that he had become a Catholic and was going to be ordained a Catholic priest by John Cardinal O'Connor, Archbishop of New York, I told him that I wanted to be present at his ordination. So I flew to New York, went to Dunwoodie Seminary and attended the ordination Mass. I have been a reader of his excellent periodical, FIRST THINGS, ever since it was first published. He has consistently made a significant contribution to the intellectual and spiritual life of the Nation and the Church. He will be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment